Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Book List

Ok, so I've been keeping this list of all the books I read, just to keep track. Originally, the idea was to write a short review of each book. The reality? I've started competing with myself on how quickly I can fill up a note-book page with book titles and authors. (Poetry rocks -- those books are short, and anything with a translator usually takes up two ruled lines; it's like reading twice as much.)

So a friend of mine at work is a blogger (in fact, I'm putting off writing a review for her now), and she's talked it up. I suddenly thought: would I be more likely to actually write a review if it was posted online, for other people to read? Despite the fact that I don't expect anyone to read this? That generally my book reviews bore even myself?

Maybe.

So, if that doesn't make you want to read on, don't.

No comments: