Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Birthday Books

I wanted to share my birthday haul here--pretty good!!

I may be especially excited about first volume of Marie-Louise von Franz' collected works. I kind of figured that one would be sitting on my wish list for a long while until I gave in and splurged (it wasn't cheap!). And the springy green color for both jacket and actual book cover is much more lovely than it looked on screen. Defekt may be the one I finish first, since I enjoyed Finna and have been wondering where in the multiverse Cipri will go in this next installment.


In other news, I finished The Conductors. I quite enjoyed it, although I think I enjoyed the action bits more than the mystery bits (partly because some of the suspects didn't do that much to distinguish themselves). The wordbuilding, protagonists, and overall characterizations are strong. I'm definitely looking forward to reading The Undertakers, next in the series and out this fall. (And it's pretty cool that Glover's a Virginia author--maybe there'll be some local readings in the post-pandemic future.)

No comments: