Sunday, April 25, 2021

Just Checking Off a Box

Really not much to write about today. Still reading Cate Glass' A Summoning of Demons. Spent most of the day down the River, mostly hanging in the back cottage despite a few strolls down to the pier. I'd thought the tide might be at the lowest today or tomorrow, but the wind picked up (even if the rain had stopped by the time I woke up), so we didn't see the dramatic lows of Friday and Saturday. After watching a couple of the "fairytale" episodes of The Crown Season 4, Momma and I thought we'd watch something a little lighter and ended up binging the first season of Glow Up, a British reality competition show about aspiring makeup artists. It was fun; I would not have predicted the last three from the early episodes. The judging seemed fair overall despite a couple of major wrong calls (according to me, of course), and it was nice to see both the main judges and especially the guest judges giving supportive if constructive feedback to most of the group most of the time. I was a little worried the finale was going to make me want to boycott future seasons, but I'm content with the winner, so maybe at some point we'll venture into Season 2.


When I got home, Amazon had delivered Hither, Page by Cat Sebastian. I've enjoyed her queer Regency romances, so I anticipate I'll like this one as well, though it's a bit of a departure, being set in postwar Britain. I'll probably work this one into my reading schedule in a couple of weeks, although perhaps I should wait a bit since the next in the series is due out later this year. I think, though, that "late fall" is too long to wait to read a book that advertises itself as "Agatha Christie but make it gay!"

No comments: