Thursday, April 22, 2021

Spring Is In the Air

 We're in that short window of time when things in my yard are actually blooming.


The dogwood and the azaleas around the front oak tree are actually slightly past their peak, though the azaleas next to the house are just getting started. In the shade garden by my side door, the lungwort is still looking good, as is my little Amethyst Ice primrose. There are lily of the valley blooming by the side of the house (although they're supposed to be naturalizing and the only place they seem to want to spread is into the driveway); we'll see if they last 'til May Day. Most of my irises are showing color at the tops of their buds, and they don't seem to be bothered by the current cold-dipping-toward-frost snap. Dracula's Kiss has bloomed.


I'm still reading A Conjuring of Assassins; the only art I've done today is to watch the April lagniappe for Let's Make Art journaling. It's Earth Day, though, so I think a post that's basically just yard pictures counts as appropriate and not slacking. 


No comments: