Friday, April 23, 2021

Painting in the Back Cottage

I took the day off & got down to the River quite a bit earlier than usual. It was pretty nippy when I arrived, so I only read on the pier for about 45 minutes (I may have gotten a bit of a red neck, though, despite flipping my cloak up as a scarf). So, I quickly retreated to the back cottage where I unpacked some of my art supplies (mostly from the last few Let's Make Art journal boxes). Instead of starting an LMA project, though, I ended up playing around and doing something original on the page opposite my "AWAKE" journal jam.

I originally thought I'd do something with more layers, maybe a little masking or filling in the face with flesh tones, but I got impatient and also kind of liked my paintbrush outline with the marine acrylic. And after dinner (a great spicy peanut noodles dish supplied by Blue Apron and cooked by Momma), I put down some gesso to dry overnight with an intention to work on the LMA April tree spread tomorrow.

My plan is to paint a spring tree with wisteria (I was thinking of this tree near the 301 Chik-fil-a--the wisteria was already fading after being so bold just a few days before), but we'll see how the actual color mixing and painting go.

My front yard tree at home would also make a cool model for tree branches.

No comments: